What’s up Producer!
Making vocal chops and flipping samples is a technique you really to practice and perfect, especially if you are producing modern EDM, hip hop or pop music. You first need a great sample, and we have plenty of those at r-loops.com.
Here are some steps to create a cool processor chain on your vocal sample to get you going on creating great vocal chops:
- First hard tune your vocal. So, add a pitch correction plugin on the vocal channel. Set the key signature. Then set the response to really nice and fast.
- Next add in the Xfer Records OTT plugin, it’s a multiband upward and downward compressor (a really popular, very cool plugin) . It will bring down the transients, and then also pushes up the low-level detail of the sample as well! So, you can push it quite hard to get great results!
- Compression is next for dynamic control and add a touch of colour to your sample!
- Next, you want to EQ the vocal part. So do a nice cut at around 120Hz (roll off the lows) or so, hey maybe even a little higher up in the audio spectrum is good too! Now, sweeten or bring out the presence of the vocal part.
- Next is saturation. You can play around here and dial in all sorts of interesting harmonics! So many plugins to choose from!
- Once you have your chain, it’s time to bounce out the file as a new audio file.
- Next, import it into your favourite sampler, and splice it up, and there you go. Vocal chops. Ready to be played!
- You can add in some extra effects to the chopped vocal sample, just for unique sounds!
The r-loops team